The open depot of the Museo Irpino preserves for the most part archaeological findings, some belonging to the Zigarelli collection, others coming from the whole territory of the province, in particular from the area of Mefite, from the Ansanto valley and Roman settlements of Aeclanum and Abellinum.
In addition to the archaeological heritage, other materials of considerable artistic and demo-ethno-anthropological value are also preserved.
An interesting collection is made up of the ceramics created by the Istituto d’Arte of Avellino in the early 20th century, such as a series of products named “all’etrusca” and “alla greca” for their workmanship and style.
Very important is the rich collection of weapons, created in the 1930s, thanks to some donations received by the nascent Museo Irpino. It is composed of about 150 pieces, and includes: civil armaments made by skilled arms-makers from Campania, such as the Bruna, the Venditti and the D’Auria from Lancusi, active between the 18th and 19th centuries; military weapons made at the Royal Factory of Naples; weapons from abroad, including a series of revolvers made in Belgium or France, or cold weapons, such as swords, sabres and knives of Spanish, French, German, Ottoman or even African origin. The exposition is completed by the precious Salomone collection, including various kinds of objects, donated in 1935 by Giuseppe Salomone, retired medical colonel of the navy, which come from all over the world (China, Japan, South America and Middle East). Among ceramics and various relics, there are some particularly unusual findings, the Cuchimilco figures, anthropomorphic statuettes produced by the pre-Columbian culture called Chancay, that lived in the central coast of Peru between 1200 and 1450 AD.